01 November, 2011

The day when god was fooled :p


We moved to a new neighbourhood and the first day in my new house started off like this.
I woke up at five in the morning. I started brushing my teeth when my brother joined me.
DISHUM! DISHUM! Yes, my toothpaste has already started fighting germs.
“Good morning”, I wished him.
“Aaaah!!” he groaned in pain.
“What’s wrong? Do your teeth hurt? Does your toothpaste have salt?” I asked.
“Salt?” he asked with confused face. “Yes. Check mine. Salt makes your teeth strong”, I informed as I gave him my toothpaste.
I finished brushing my teeth and took a bath with a soap that can mesmerise the whole town with its fragments. My brother and I took our seats for breakfast. I noticed my father had already left for work.
“Mommy! Mommy! We are hungry!” we were taping the bowls with the spoon to make an uncanny sound as we said.
“Just two minutes”, my mother  bought hot yellow spiral food. I made a face.”Hey, you will like this. It is healthy, tasty and makes you happy”. The door bell rang as we ate our breakfast. There stood a woman in her late thirties as my mother answered the door.
“Welcome to our colony. I live next door”, she greeted my mother with a smile.
She handed a welcome food in a casserole, “By the way, in which college do you study?” she asked.
“Me? In a college?” my mother laughed.”Mommy!” my brother and I said in unison as we came running to hug my mother. Aunty was shocked.
“How did you manage to look so young? Do you use a magic soap?” Mrs. Sharma asked.
My mother chuckled, “With aging the skin develops wrinkles and dark spots. Here, take my cream, it really works to fight the 7 signs of aging”, she informed as she handed her the cream.
“Why don’t you come in and check our house Aunty”, I invited her as I took the milk and news paper placed in front of our door.
“Mom, I am going out to make new friends”, my brother ran out quickly.Why should boys have all the fun?I argued in my head.
“Your son’s clothes might get dirty no if he plays in the ground?” Mrs. Sharma asked.
“That’s ok Sheela. If something good happens because of dirt then dirt is good” my mother poured her a cup of coffee, “Besides its summer and children’s activities tend to increase than usual. I am worried if they are getting proper nutrition” my mother added in worrisome. Happiness starts with a cup of coffee,or so they say.
I was getting bored. I took my bike and quietly left home. I came to a pause when I saw a small kirana store. I bought a chocolate, I was about to take a bite, the shop keeper stopped me and said, “Madam Ji, first you pay for the chocolate, else you might forget what you came for”.
I paid for the stuff and went to a park to relish my chocolate.If kids are reading this article, remember ,Chocolate is good for a new thoughts. I watched a guy drive the car in high speed. I had to catch my skirt and hat to stop it from flying. When was the last time I experienced something for the first time? I thought.
It was night by the time I came home. My father was back from his workplace.”Welcome home dad”, I greeted as I hugged him. The touch of his soft fabric made it feel like heaven.
We had our supper and were back in beds by nine.
“Are we forgetting something?” father asked before he switched off the lights.
“I cannot forget mother or incense sticks”, I replied.
Suddenly we heard a voice from nowhere, “You forgot to pray”, It said.
“Who is it?” my mother asked in trembling voice.
“Its God”, it replied. The voice continued, “Technology might increase to such an extent that you might have forgotten about me, but you cannot conquer death”.
“I took care of that too. I have insurance in life and after life. I live with my head raised”, my father said proudly.
The voice didn’t say anything for a minute. Then it said in a sad tone, “All are living happily. I am bored.I don’t know what to do”, it sobbed even more. I felt sad.
“Here take this” my brother handed him a phone as he said; “It uses 3G technology. You can play games, get connected to everyone and use various apps”
“Why do the done,do the new”, I said and it cheered Him.It really lits ones brain,I thought.
God wrote “Using New technology.No confusion great combination” on his wall, “Yeeew! I am getting all stupid comments” He asked in disbelief as he saw the comments for his post.
“But they are coming fast no?” my brother replied. After a few minutes I saw God status change to “Back in heaven “.
I switched off the lights and slept. Another day in my life ends and we lived happily ever after.
DISHUM! DISHUM! DISHUM! Yeah, that’s right .My toothpaste fights germs 24/7.
DISHUM!


1 comment:

  1. My Goodness!!!

    Looks like you watch a lot of TV!!

    Nice day!!!

    ReplyDelete