01 November, 2011

Revolution 2020 Review


Finally…..the much hyped and awaited book of the year comes out and I just can’t wait to grab my copy! Further…. the story is given a political backdrop….something that we don’t expect from Chetan Bhagat!!
So how is it going to be?? Lots of drama?? suspense ??
These were the random thoughts that ran through my mind as I held the book!
Unable to stop myself after reading the prologue, I went on…! The story was quite predictable but what made it worth reading was the way the characters were portrayed…very real and somebody you could connect with!
The Plot:
The story revolves around Gopal (narrator), Aarthi and Raghav set in the holy town of Varanasi! Gopal and Raghav come from two completely different strata of the society and their views reflect the same. While one wants to use his intelligence for making money, the other wants to bring about a reform in the political system and society. Both of them fall in love with Aarthi! However their dreams, ambitions and dilemmas keep setting them apart and uniting time and again..!
So who will Aarthi choose in the end?? While one gives in to the corrupt system….the other fights it….so who will succeed finally??…..this forms the crux of the story

To sum it up…
Pros:
  • Chetan’s quirky one liners
  • The characterization
Cons:
  • The predictable plot
Final Verdict:
Its one of those stories where you know what is going to happen next but still want to read on! Not Chetan’s best….but definitely keeps you hooked till the last page!!
My rating 3/5!

1 comment:

  1. Well Well,

    I am done with Chetan Bhagat's Revolution 2020. I liked it for sure!!

    here is my review

    ReplyDelete